Following our tradition of the annual update, here’s a summary of everything that’s been happening since Nov 2021.
Specs ratified 🔗
- Feb 2022 WHOX - Allows clients to request additional information on other clients.
- Apr 2022 Bot mode - Allows identifying clients presenting themselves as bot to other clients
- Oct 2022 Extended monitor - Extends monitor to more commands and notifications
New drafts 🔗
- Jun 2022 channel-context client tag - Allows sending private messages to clients, while displaying them in the same buffer as a channel
- Jun 2022 Read marker - Allows several clients of the same user connected to a server or bouncer to tell each other about which messages have been read in each buffer (channel or query)
Specs updated 🔗
- Nov 2021 Account registration - Added
ACCOUNT_REQUIREDfail code #481
- Oct 2022 account-tag - Relaxed requirement that the tag be set on all messages #505
On the Roadmap 🔗
Highlights from our ongoing roadmap milestone
- ratify CHATHISTORY #437
- userip-tag and userhost-tag #418
- Add draft account-extban spec #464
- Message editing and deletion #425
- Display name client tag spec #452
We have reorganized the main specifications page to group related specs together in a more logical manner given the recent additions.
Finally, do check the support tables to see how adoption of our specs is coming along, there’ve been a bunch of busy implementations over the past year; especially Goguma, a new Android client spearheading many draft specifications.